Grow With Us
We strive to be always on top— to consistently serve as a benchmark for the water and sewerage industry.
We carry this mentality in the delivery of our service, and we need equally-ambitious people who match this relentless drive towards continual efficiency and growth.
Do you share the same passion? Do you have what it takes to be our partner?
Head, Comptrollership Department
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- With at least one year of relevant experience
- Preferably with training on Taxation and Financial Statement Analysis
- Proficient in computer operation
- Checks and ensures that all financial transactions are properly adequately supported by required and approved documents
- Ensures that statutory deductions are remitted and posted on time
- Prepares financial reports/statements as required by the management, Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Prepares quarterly and year-end audit of financial statements
Non-Revenue Water Operations Specialist
- Graduate of Civil Engineering
- Experience in water utility is an advantage
- Experience in Non-revenue water is a great advantage
- Preferably, knows how to drive motorcycle and 4-wheeled vehicles, with the relevant and a valid driver’s license
- Attends to job orders pertaining to pipeline leaks, buried meter-related concerns, manifold leaks and service line leaks
- Provides assistance in the flushing of mainline and other necessary activities in the restoration of water supply after leak repair activities
- Conducts leak repair works
- Performs minor pipe replacement works
- Coordinates job orders with contractors or concerned NRW Operations Specialist for necessary action
Field Services Specialist
- Graduate of any four year course
- Preferably with previous training in pipefitting and plumbing
- Preferably minimum of one year experience in pipefitting and plumbing works
- Analyses and evaluates job orders as to its nature and complexity for proper action
- Conducts thorough inspection of accounts for new service line application and customer complaints
- Performs special disconnection of accounts
- Reports leak and initiates the preparation of work requests for stuck up, defective, or buried meters found during inspection
- Delivers water bills, whenever necessary, and other relevant documents such as letters, notices to customers
- Promotes and markets SUBICWATER services by acquiring new connections and/or reactivation of inactive accounts
- Open for Civil Engineering Students
For interested applicants, please send your letter of application and resume to the email address below.
Applications will be received as long as the job notices above are online.